1. Home
  2. FAQs

How to stay or support the House


Stay with Us

I want to stay at a House. How do I apply?
Please apply by directly calling the House you would like to stay at. Requests by email or fax will not be accepted. Please note that we unfortunately will not be able to provide accommodation if all of the House rooms are filled.
When can I expect your answer?
What do I need to bring with me for my stay?
Click below to see the lists of items equipped with each House.
Who can stay at the House?
Children at 19 or younger who are hospitalized or seeing a doctor regularly, and attending family members, will be accepted.
How much does it cost to stay at a House?
¥1,000 plus ¥210 for linens a day. No costs are required for the patients.
How long can I stay at a House?
The period of the service is different by each House. Please directly contact the Houses.
Can patients at 20 or older use the facilities?
Please be advised that only those at 19 or younger and their attending family can use our Houses.
Is the hospital within walking distance from the House?
All Houses are located in the immediate area of a hospital and therefore are within walking distance.
How is a House different from a hotel?
The Houses are operated by local volunteers, and therefore guests are asked to among other things clean their bedrooms after their stay and clean the common space. The Houses also prohibit alcohol and prohibit smoking in areas other than in the designated smoking rooms.

Support Us

How can individuals support the Houses?
There are various ways available to support the Houses, such as volunteering and regular monthly donations. For more details, please refer to the Support page.
How can individuals support the Houses?
There are various ways available to support the Houses, such as volunteering and regular monthly donations. For more details, please refer to the Support page. Spreading SNS is your great support as well.
Instagram IconFacebook IconX IconYouTube Icon
How can companies and organizations support the Houses?
1. Host a donation box
One method of corporate support is to host a donation box in-house at your company/organization, and then manage and routinely remit the donations. This is an easy way to begin support and allows the company employees to make a social contribution from a familiar environment.
2. Matching gift program
Under this program, the company/organization sets a fixed figure for monetary donations, and then donates an amount that is equivalent to that fixed figure multiplied by the actual numerical achievement. This program allows companies and organizations to comfortably participate on an ongoing basis.
a. Matching gift based on company sales (units sold, %)
For example, setting a 1 yen donation amount per 1 unit sold would mean that 100,000 units sold will raise a 100,000 yen donation.
b. Matching gift based on volunteer hours served by employees
If a company set a 1 yen donation amount per 1 minute of employee volunteer work and 100 employees volunteered 3 hours per month, the company would donate 216,000 yen for the year.
c. Matching gift based on in-house monetary donations
Under this method, the company would host a donation box(es) at the workplace, solicit donations, and donate the same amount as the donation amount collected in the donation box(es). This is a good way to enhance the employees’ sense of participation in fund-raising or social contributions.

There are many ways you can support the House. For more information, click here.
Is my donation tax deductible?

Ronald McDonald House Charities Japan is a public interest incorporated foundation. Donations therefore offer a tax advantage for corporate tax and other such taxes.

Favorable Tax treatment
Our foundation is a legal entity promoting public welfare.
If an individual or a firm makes a donation, they would receive a favorable tax treatment.

40% of the amount of donation or income, whichever is lower minus 2,000yen.
This amount will be exempted from your taxable income. It is necessary to fill an income tax return in order to receive tax preference.

Besides the usual donation, the following is the deductible amount for donation. (5% of the total income + capital amount x 0.25%) x 1/2
For example during a fiscal year,
(1) If you have 50 for general donation section, you can have another 50 for the separate section. but you can not inadequately apply for excess portion of general donation section.
(2)Inhabitant Tax and enterprise tax also apply the same formula as above “FIRM”.

What you need
Please attach our receipt when you make a tax filing.
For more details please contact at your local tax office

I want to volunteer at a House. What should I do?
Please directly contact the House at which you would like to volunteer. You will be able to start working as a volunteer after attending a volunteer briefing session held at the House and registering as a volunteer. Volunteers are generally asked to serve twice, 3 hours activities per month.
Are there any age restrictions for volunteering?
Volunteers should be the first-year student of senior high school and older.
Those who are younger than the first-year student of senior high school can participate if accompanied by their guardians.

Contact Us